Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Info

My name is Alexandra Cooper and I have attended Art Center College of Art and Design for one year. I am interested in fashion photography and documentary/journalism photography. I got interested in photography because my mom, Susan, made a documentary, "An Unlikely Weapon" on photographer, Eddie Adams. Every day while she was editing her movie I would come into the editing room and sit on the floor mesmerized by his work. I would look at huge books of documentary photographs for hours inside the editing room, getting to know all the amazing photographers. I decided to pick up a camera and try it out, and ever since then I have not put the camera down.

My mother is my largest influence in what and why I am doing photography. She has shown me that there are opposite worlds, and that the way we live in America is not how most of the world lives. She has shown me that we are so privileged to live and have what we have and that every day we should be grateful. My mom will help anyone who comes across her path, and she has instilled this in me. With my photographs I would love to give a voice to many in the world who either don't have a voice or opportunity. I cant change the world with one photograph, but my goal would be to create powerful images that move people and in some way,even if its small, make a difference.

If you want to order prints or ask me any questions feel free to e-mail me at:bella_vie91@yahoo.com

Thank you





All Images Are Copyrighted


No comments:

Post a Comment